http://www.google.com/fonts/#ChoosePlace:select/Collection:Pathway+Gothic+One Hippie Go Lucky: A CONVERSATION WITH : A GRAPHIC DESIGNER

Tuesday

A CONVERSATION WITH : A GRAPHIC DESIGNER

Tell me a little bit about yourself.
I'm an Ottawa based Graphic Designer who grew up in Hawkesbury. My focuses are branding and typography.  

Why did you become a graphic designer?
I became a Graphic Designer because my girlfriend saw the potential I had and told me to look into a graphic design college program. After that, I fell in love with Design.

Where do you go for inspiration?
For inspiration I have a ton of Websites I visit almost every day. Abduzzedo, Designspiration, Behance etc. But what I like most are magazines. Computer Arts is my all time favorite. And I can't forget... Music.

Who is your favourite designer?
Wow tough question. I have two. Stefan Sagmeister and Jon Contino.

What typefaces could you not live without?
My hand. I think handlettering is the most beautiful way to make typography, but if I had to answer I'd say DIN (but I change alot). 

How would you describe your style and/or your design process?
Simple, clean, fun and dynamic

What advice would you give to a new designer first starting out?   
Be curious, I think that's the best advice I've ever been given.

WEBSITES //  1 & 2
INSTAGRAM // phil_d

© all designs created by Philippe Larivière-D.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It's nice to meet a fellow graphic designer. I love your design/blog and will definitely be checking it daily!

    http://charliececile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love graphic design!! If interior design wasnt my forte, graphic design would be next!!
    You have an amazing blog, definitely coming back!!
    -Aimee Owl

    missowlb.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete